“In my feelings” playlist review

Hey guys, welcome back to my blog and as you all know by the title, I am going to do a review of my “in my feelings” playlist. Basically I am just going to tell you some not all songs I have on my playlist. I’ll just do some rants and move to the next song. In order for me to write this blog well, I had to listen to the songs while writing them! So let’s get into it then.
 Some people might not know what I mean by “in my feelings” playlist well it basically is when you are sad or feeling down or just not yourself and you need songs to either make you feel good about yourself or to make you pour out your emotions! So I actually divided my playlist into two for this review. One half for songs to cry to after breakup and songs that motivate you to move on! In order for this post to not be extra long cause I know most of y’all won’t read it, I’ll do a part 2 of the latter later!
  So my phone is connected to the speaker and placed on shuffle and the first song that came on was



  1. FREYA RIDINGS -lost without you:  I don’t think many people know this lady at all but what I can tell you is that this song can definitely bring tears running down your eyes. So basically, the first line was about her standing on the platform and watching her boyfriend walk away, thinking of all the promises he made to her, making her so dependent on him thus the song title making her lost without him! 
  2. LEWIS CAPALDI - Before you go: So I actually contemplated combining all Lewis capaldi’s songs under one subheading but I was like “nah” i need to tell them what the songs are about. I don’t even know how to explain Capaldi’s voice. Every song I have of his is so raw and you can feel the hurt just in his voice. The song is about how he made a mistake “falling by the way side” using his words in the song. Trying to hate whoever but knowing that he is kidding himself. So the chorus goes “before you go, was there something I could’ve said to make your heart beat better” That lyric is just amazing cause there are sometimes that the people you’ll really feel attached too will just begin to ignore you and eventually walk out of your life and the question you’ll ask yourself is “if there was something you could’ve said to make all the hurt you didn’t know you inflicted stop hurting” So I definitely can relate to this song and I think y’all should go get it! 
  3. LAUV -Julia : So this song is sorta like an apology LAUV wrote for Julia micheals. Infact this song is really personal. A lyric in the song goes “ oh Julia, i am sorry what I do to ya. I push and pull messing your head cause he is weak deep down, oh Julia I wish I didn’t lie to you I never meant to hurt you like that” Like y’all, this lyric can get you crying like seriously. Cause when you are waiting for him or her to call you can listen to this and get your apology and move on.
  4. FAOUZIA- Tears of gold : So I actually discovered faouzia from watching YouTube videos and her voice just attracted me to her. The first song I listened of her was “born without a heart” and yes I’ll do a review of that song in the part two. So tears of gold first lyric goes “Mama always told me that I was too naivè, gave away my trust for pennies. I said don’t you worry didn’t think that I would broken down crying help me” What!!!! Y’all I don’t know if it’s only me that regrets doing something I thought was right and finding out that the person who told me not to do it was right. The song basically just says that she is crying tears of cold for him and she is sitting cold for him. This is a must have on your playlist.
  5. JORJA SMITH - Don’t watch me cry : Her voice, her voice😫. Honestly, I think she was hurting while singing this song. The chorus goes “ I am not crying cause you left me on my own. I am not crying cause you left me with no warning. I’m just crying cause I can’t escape what could have been all she can do is let her heart bleed” if none of the songs I have mentioned above doesn’t make you cry, I am sure this one will definitely out tears in your eyes. So it’s a must have.
  6. SAM SMITH- how do you sleep : This playlist won’t be complete if I don’t mention the legendary Sam smith. Sam smith is not a stranger to anyone at all. i for one know his voice anywhere because his voice has a nice ring to it. So “how do you sleep” is one of my many favorite songs. Can sometimes, I ask myself how humans beings sleep knowing that they are playing with someone’s emotions. The chorus just askes “how do you sleep when you lie to me all the shame and all the dangers. I am hoping that my love will keep you up tonight” Sam smith is truly something with his lyric. This song is a must listen! 
  7. JORJA SMITH-Goodbyes : The song title has said it all. It’s time to say goodbye to whoever you want to say those words to and pick your self up. “Goodbyes, good times”. That phase of your life is gone. The chapter is closed and should be tucked away. I just want to say thank you to Jorja smith for this song.
  8. LEA MICHELE - Run to you: I don’t even know what to say about this song. All I can say is this song will make you cry and that’s that.
  9. FINNEAS -Break my heart again - Finneas tells us about his relationship that ended because of miscommunication. The opening verses are structured like we’re reading Finneas side of a text message exchange. He asks questions, “Can I come around later on this evening?” “Or do you need time?” and we don’t see an answer. It’s the chorus that shows his voice layered and the sentimentality is heightened. He spills his hurt that leaves him confused. I won’t say any more just go get that song and thank me later.
  10. LEWIS CAPALDI- someone you loved:  So I am down to my last song. Every single person reading this should know this song and might think that it doesn’t deserve to be in this list but what I can tell you is that this song is amazing and can bring you to tears when you listen to it with intention of letting your emotions out. Lewis capaldi like we all know is an amazing artist who knows how to dish our emotions out that’s why I duly recommend this song. 
 So that’s the end of this review guys. Remember I said in my intro that these are not all my songs. I have loads of songs that can bring you to tears, if you want any just send me a send me a message or comment. Oh and if you have any song that I should listen to please and please do comment and tell me the title and the artist. I’m open to create another “in my feelings” playlist. The part 2 of this review will be coming out soon. I don’t know when though but all I can say is soon. So y’all just anticipate!! 
 Thank you for reading this far and don’t forget to comment and follow my blog. Share this post too. 

Comments

  1. Jorja Smith 🤧♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️... Beautiful !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This made me update my playlist. Thank you for this boo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are very welcome. Prepare to update cause a part 2 is coming

      Delete
  3. This made me update my playlist. Thank you for this boo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Faouzia😍😍😍..
    Thank you for this. 😘

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome baby. Anticipate part 2

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts