What is this life?

When I originally started this blog, I told my readers that I will be posting different topics. I have discussed relationships, inspirational write ups but this post is going to be about God. Don't roll your eyes just yet. I know that this write up is meant for someone reading this right now.

August 4th 2019, I went to church and during the preaching, I got the inspirational to add this to my blog. The preaching that day was televised and it contained a preaching by our General overseer Rev. Dr.Williams Okoye in memory of his late wife Helen okoye.
You see, death opens our eyes to so many things. When everything is going our way, we tend to lose focus on the real meaning of life, but when we are faced with crisis, we tend to focus and look at life like it really is.

Everything you thought was important will immediately begin to lose their value to you. All the expensive clothes, shoes, jewelry and big houses you run after will immediately look like a gold in a pig's nose. It is not wrong to make projections of your future. You can plan for your future but you should also bear in mind that all your plans can only come to reality with the permission of God.
        
     " So teach us to number our days                     that we may apply our hearts unto          wisdom"  Psalms 90:12

This verse of the Bible is really deep. You see, people number their years and when they find out that they are reaching a certain age where they can't do the things they used to do when they where younger, they start becoming cautious of their actions, behaviors towards people,their appearance e.t.c. its ironic because the scripture above says "teach us to number our days" . Imagine a world where people are cautious of their day to day actions because they number their days on earth and have this mentality that they can leave their body and become spirit at any time to go and see their pilot. The world will be a great place. There will be no racism, official positions will be given to individuals on merit and not favoritism, tribalism or nepotism, job opportunities will be available for the youths with the qualifications but NO! What do we have in the world now? The opposite of all this. People are relaxed because they haven't reached the age where they will become cautious and aware of their every move.

No wonder there is wickedness in the world today. What is this life really? I ask myself. All these expensive things I chase after are they really worth my sweat. Of course I want to look good, I want to be trending too but do.I really need to stress my parents to go extra mile to get me all these? We should learn to build our life on values that last. Values are your core beliefs that determine your perspective on life and the actions you take. We must learn to put the values of our mind and spirit before our worldly and bodily values.

On that Sunday when I listened to the preaching, I knew that if they ever told his late wife that she'll not be in church that Sunday she would laugh at the person like the person has gone mad, but look at the world now. Its missing her. Life is not what it seems like. It may look like a bed of rose but its a shrub of thorns truly. I am not perfect as well. I may have my own fault somewhere in this life but I am hoping that God will teach me to number my days on earth to take right decisions and I am hoping that you will too.
  
   Hit me up with topics you want me to discuss on my next blog post. Don't forget to share to people you feel needs this and comment telling me how this post inspired you😘

Comments

  1. Enter your comment...nice one pecky.....
    I'm touched

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts