Power of words

This write up is relatable to everyone reading this so don't just roll your eyes yet,please read it till the end.
Proverbs 18:21 says The tongue can bring death or life; those who love to talk will reap the consequences.
I love to talk, who doesn't? But sometimes, we don't know the amount of power just a single word carries. I am very sure you have heard so much about "power of words" and you are getting really tired and you're asking yourself why people like me(the writer) can't just mind their business and let me say what I want to say! This writeup isn't expected to stop you from talking, as a matter of fact, its meant to make you to talk but when talking, talk with care,love and respect of the receivers feelings.
  So many stories of suicide because someone called them a name or someone said something that hurt their feelings, up until now, I thought it was silly and just plain old stupid but I see better now. I see that the things some people say to others can drive them into doing drastic things.
Don't get me wrong please, some people might not mean it the way the other person took it after all that's what they always say. They say those mean things in front of strangers, laugh about it, you'll feel completely and utterly stupid and then they don't mean it that way. Really? You may mean it as a joke alright but you should also be aware of who you say it too, the facial reaction the person made after what you said and how the person took those things. Words are powerful! Some people may begin to doubt themselves both mentally, physically, spiritually and any other way doubtable. You have spoken at least 7000 today, have you made someone smile or have you made someone cry, have you made someone doubt their existence in the world or have you encouraged someone to keep pushing on, have you given someone hope to live or have you driven someone to suicide. I can't elaborate on this longer.
Yours sincerely
Pecky

Comments

Popular Posts