Safe space.

Who are you most comfortable with?
Where are you most happy?
Who can you call when you are feeling down?
What is your safe space?
Right now, I am going through shit. Honestly, I don't even understand my emotions anymore. The funny thing is that I can't even pen it down because I don't know what I want to pen down. Some people might find this really silly but if you have ever felt this way then you'll understand exactly what I am saying.
Now, what is a safe space?
Basically, it's some where you can go to and just be yourself. It might not necessarily be a place but a person who when you are around just makes you yourself or it can be an activity that you do and it feels like the world stopped and it's just you. So I ask again, what is your safe space?
PERSON:
Four nights ago, I was hurt, real bad and since then, I have not been myself. I was even brought to tears and at that moment, I only thought of three people to call(safe space) and after talking to them, I felt a bit better. It still hurt don't get me wrong but honestly, just hearing their voices that night when I needed it was euphoric.
If someone calls or texts you and starts saying different things. Things like what they are going through, like who hurt them, or because they just want to laugh. Please don't term it as a disturbance. That person sees you as his/her safe space. Rather than terming it a disturbance see it as a privilege.
PLACE:
So during this my period of emotional breakdown😊. I have discovered that my safe space is my room. Where I can be alone in solitude and just think;sometimes cry and nobody will judge me. Honestly, I am actually grateful for this lockdown because it has given me a chance to recollect my life by myself in my own way. I have had the chance to actually think of what I want to do next in my life.
Get yourself a place where you can go alone to retreat and think about your next game plan that you can use to counter the world.
ACTIVITY
Writing! I don't even know how to elaborate on this. Although I couldn't  write when I was hurt because of the things hovering in my head i needed time to recollect, but writing this now? I am more than happy. This is one thing that I know I will do and be so happy with myself.
Another thing is music, music is indeed therapeutic. I can't think of any other therapist. Have you ever sat down to create a playlist of different emotions.
On my phone, I have a couples playlist, a breakup playlist, a strictly gospel playlist, a sad playlist and many more. Whenever I feel unhappy I just connect to my speaker, put on my sleeping mask, get under my blanket and hold my pillow and just stay there till I feel better.
All these are example of safespaces that has really helped me and is still helping emotionally during this period. Some people might be going through similar situations maybe worse. Please get yourself a safe space.

Yours sincerely,
Pecky

Comments

Popular Posts