Why should we hire you?

One day I walked into a building where my job interview was to take place. The building seemed old but who am I to complain. Before I entered the receptionist section, I noticed there was a tap running, i walked towards the tap and turned it off accidentally getting water on my new shoes, When I entered the receptionist office, I noticed that nobody was on seat and I seemed to be the first person to arrive for the interview. I looked at my watch and saw that I was an hour early.
When I wanted to sit down in the receptionist area, I deduced that the entire office was filled with dust so I brought out my tissue and began dusting. Of course I got dirt on my brand new shirt. After dusting, I sat down and started revising some possible interview question I saw on the internet. By the time I checked my watch, it was already 2 hours past the interview time, still the receptionist was not on seat.
"Traffic jam" I thought in my head so I decided to wait a bit longer. By the time I checked my watch again, it was already 5pm in the evening and still no sign of anybody. I began getting up to pack my documents to leave "maybe something came up, I'll check back tomorrow" I said when I turned back to look at the office before leaving. When I faced my front, I saw a group of people clapping in front of me. I was confused at that point. So I also started clapping with them. A young man came up to me, bent down and dusted my wet shoes and another young lady came forward and dusted my dirty shirt. When they stepped back, a very good looking man came forward and congratulated me telling me that I got the job. I was confused but i still accepted it.

So why did they hire me? Because of my patience or because of what I did when I entered the building? Cause I am still confused.

Comments

Popular Posts