Unspoken words

Words are better left unsaid but are you aware that we are hurt more by the words we don't voice out?
When I was growing up, I hated my body, my color,my height as a matter of fact, I hated myself. I always felt small and unworthy to stand near my cousin she was lightskinned and I wasn't, because she had more friends and I just stayed in her shadow, because she could get all the boys she wanted but I couldn't even if I tried. I didn't tell anyone. I didn't tell my mom or my dad what I was going through at that small age. I couldn't voice out because I felt that I would just be a burden to them. When I was in primary school, I could say that my parents where very scarce to see so I just couldn't tell them about how I was feeling. I would come to school every day and just look forward to closing hours where I would go home to my safe space in other words, I was dying inside.
What I discovered from that experience was that throughout my primary school, I wasn't really myself, I wasn't really happy no matter how I hide it. I hated myself and I hated most of the people around me. That's why presently, I don't want to associate myself with any of my primary school mates mainly because they didn't know me for me. They only knew the girl that was scared to voice out how she was feeling and hide like that for five years.
One of the hardest things in life is having something in your heart that you can't utter.
Unspoken words,
Not heard but causes a loud thud of thunder.
Unspoken words,
Hurts more than a bullet wound.
Everyday, people make the wrong decision, take the wrong path,indulge in wrong practices all because they can't voice out.
I made so many wrong decision and I am not scared to admit it. I took the wrong path when handling situations and I did so many bad things when growing up that  makes me shiver even when thinking about it.
This writeup is to help you make the right decision now. It's not easy to speak up. You might be going through sexual harrasment by your uncle,father or brother and you can't speak up. You might be feeling insecure about yourself and you can't speak up, you might be going through one trauma or another but you can't speak up. Please and please just speak up. Voice it out. Talk to someone.
Don't die in silent!
Yours sincerely,
Pecky

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts